If you ask a typical roofing contractor how to fix most of the common shingle roof problems it is most likely that they will advise you that you need to get an entirely new roof. However, some shingle roofs can indeed be salvaged and flourish. The truth is that many common shingle roofing problems can be fixed with the right DIY attitude and a little bit of help from Youtube.
Common Shingle Roof Problems That Usually Cannot be Repaired
There are many shingle problems that should be handled by a professional. Chances are this may no be your run-of-the-mill DIY project:
- Excessive wear of shingle granules
- Frayed or curling shingle tabs
- Sagging between rafters or trusses
- Major storm damage
So Can I Fix It?
In many other cases you may be able to fix your own roof, but if the answer is yes to any of the following,
- Is your roof steep-sloped, more than 20 degrees in pitch?
- Is your roof is over 20′ above the ground?
- Are you afraid of heights?
- Is your DIY experience limited?
- Are you aware of all of the stipulations of your homeowner’s insurance status
If any of these are true, you should probably leave the work to a professional contractor. Our team will be happy to help you find one.
If you do decide to work on your own roof, make sure to study and follow all roofing safety precautions. There are plenty of great resources online to get you started. For everything else or just some free advice, don’t hesitate to give us a call!